Celluloid Mirrors: Hollywood and American Society Since 1945, 1st Edition
- Ronald L. Davis Southern Methodist University
- ISBN-10: 0155015680 | ISBN-13: 9780155015685
- 272 Pages
- © 1997 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $72.00
CELLULOID MIRRORS is an exciting new survey of major developments in American filmmaking since 1945. Coverage includes changes in film content, alterations in the business structure of Hollywood, shifts in theater design, the impact of television, and Hollywood's enduring mystique. This supplement is appropriate for a variety of courses, including American History Survey courses, Modern America History courses, American Cultural History, Film History, and Popular Culture.
1. The Decline of the Big Studios.
2. A Search for New Markets.
3. Tangles of Conglomerates.
4. Popular Culture to Counterculture and Back.
5. Movie Palaces, Shopping Malls, and Multiplexes.
6. Return to Entertainment.
7. The Small Screen.
8. Hollywood's Enduring Mystique.