Created specifically for students of Health Information Management and Health Information Technology, this worktext helps bridge the gap between knowledge gained through classroom instruction and real-world, on-the-job application. This versatile text can be used throughout the curriculum, which makes it a perfect complement to any HIM or HIT course, and suitable for lab or practicum work, individual or group assignments, self-study, and professional reference. Questions and exercises for each case study require students to draw on critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills, facilitating the transition from studying theory to analyzing and applying what they have learned. Now updated and expanded, the new second edition features the latest AHIMA domains and competencies, so instructors can teach the most current curriculum and students can prepare effectively for certification. In addition, new online learning resources provide convenient access to additional web content, online forms, and spreadsheets for use in case-related assignments.
Table of Contents
1. Health Data Management.
2. Clinical Classification Systems and Reimbursement Methods.
3. Statistics and Quality Improvement.
4. Healthcare Privacy, Confidentiality, Legal, and Ethical Issues.
5. Information Technology and Systems.
6. Management and Health Information Services.
7. Project and Operations Management.