Digital Music Making for Teens, 1st Edition
- Andrew Hagerman
- ISBN-10: 159200508X | ISBN-13: 9781592005086
- 416 Pages
- © 2005 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $15.00
Geared towards teens, this book is for readers that are ready to move beyond the stage of simply ripping audio from CDs to the more creative ends of digital music production. Indeed, the sheer volume and variety of computer-based production techniques seems daunting. This book eases beginning musicians through that first crucial step into the larger world of digital production. Utilizing the most basic of materials, all included on the CD-ROM, to their greatest advantage, this book guides readers through the process of building a finished product. Thorough in concepts, but also hands-on, readers will learn the big picture, but also how to use multiple tools to get the job done. With the growing power of today’s processors and plummeting computer prices, the number of aspiring young musicians is growing. The goal of this book is to provide the need for artistic expression with a solid education and the right way to get started. Through step-by-step tutorials, beginners will be using MIDI and digital audio to make their own music and CD in no time.
2. Getting Started
3. Making Noise: Basic Sysnthesis
4. The Computer and the Composer – Making MIDI Work for You
5. Getting into Digital Audio
6. Digital Audio Workstations
7. Desktop Mixing
8. Takin’ it Home!
9. Fun stuff! Sound with Picture
10. Now you’re ready: Getting Really Creative