Easy to read yet technically precise, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION, 2nd Edition is the text of choice for many of the country’s best diesel technology programs. Detailing the foundations of truck heating, air conditioning, engine cooling, and truck-trailer refrigeration, the book integrates modern technical terms with photos that clearly demonstrate typical, on-the-job tasks in logical sequence. Coverage includes an entire section on thermodynamics, as well as solid instruction on safety, equipment, components, troubleshooting, performance testing, maintenance, and even the history of HVAC/R in the diesel trucking industry. Enhanced with photos, drawings, and self-testing questions in each chapter, MODERN DIESEL TECHNOLOGY: HEATING, VENTILATION, AIR CONDITIONING, AND REFRIGERATION, 2nd Edition delivers the technical accuracy and depth of HVAC/R information not found in any other text.
Table of Contents
1. History of HVAC.
2. Environmental and Safety Practices.
4. Air Conditioning Components: Compressor, Condenser, and Receiver-Drier
5. Air-Conditioning Components: Metering Devices, Evaporator, Accumulator
6. Air Conditioning Systems.
7. Service Procedures.
8. Truck Engine Cooling Systems.
9. Climate Control/Supplemental Truck Heating/Cooling.
10. Trouble Shooting.
11. APAds/ACPU Air Conditioning Control Systems (Air Conditioning Protection Unit).
12. Coach Air Conditioning.
13. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Equipment .
14. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Components.
15. Truck Trailer Refrigerant Flow Control.
16. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Electrical Components.
17. Truck Trailer Refrigeration Maintenance Procedures.