Thinking About Race, 2nd Edition
- Naomi Zack University of Oregon
- ISBN-10: 053453564X | ISBN-13: 9780534535643
- 192 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1998
- © 2006 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $82.75
THINKING ABOUT RACE offers your students a concise, provocative introduction to the often overlooked, yet ever-salient body of philosophical thought regarding the nature and impact of race on our lives. Not only does the book seek to address the essence of race and ethnicity as philosophical concepts, the book also focuses extensively on the social realities and implications of race as they bear on our outlooks in the realms of public policy, sexuality, and social class--just to name a few.
1. What is Race?
2. The Social Reality of Race.
3. Mixed Race.
6. Public Policy and Affirmative Action.
8. Racial and Ethnic Identity.
9. Race and Gender.
10. Race, Romance and Sexuality.
11. Race and Social Class.