Essentials of Health Care Compliance provides you with the knowledge and skills necessary to understand how a formal compliance program is implemented at a health care facility. Managing several staff members and keeping a health care practice compliant with federal, state, and local statutes and regulations is a challenging job. Real-world examples and the author’s hands-on approach will help you visualize yourself on-the-job, using the knowledge you have gained from this book to meet these challenges.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Compliance Programs.
2. The Compliance Officer.
3. Components of an Effective Compliance Program.
4. Legal and Ethical Considerations.
5. Compliance. Patient Consent.
6. Compliance. Documentation.
7. Compliance Reporting.
8. Creating Policies and Procedures.
9. Education and Training.
10. The Internal Audit.
11. External Audits.
12. Keeping the Program Current.
13. Enforcement. Dealing with Non-Compliance.
Appendix A. Health Care Compliance Association (HCCA) Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) Examination.
Appendix B. Abbreviations and Acronyms.
Appendix C. Professional Associations.
Appendix D. Professional Designations.
Appendix E. Reference Websites.