The Basics of Writing includes a brief review of English grammar and usage, yet focuses on basic writing skills needed in both personal and business writing. Short concise content delivers a thorough approach with clear-cut examples and exercises to reinforce learning. Use of current technology and the Internet have been incorporated throughout as well as the SCANS workplace readiness skills. Humor is also added to emphasize key principles and concepts.
Table of Contents
1. Mastering the Foundations of Writing.
2. Applying Technology to Written Communication.
3. Analyzing Writing Principles.
4. Applying the Writing Process.
5. Improving Sentence Structure.
6. Writing Effective Paragraphs.
7. Writing Essays.
8. Writing Reports and Proposals.
A. Basic Grammar.
B. Writing Mechanics.