This comprehensive, respected, and up-to-date survey of contemporary behavior therapy synthesizes the clinical, research, theoretical, and ethical facets of behavior therapy. Serving as both an introduction for beginning students and as a scholarly review and resource for advanced students, CONTEMPORARY BEHAVIOR THERAPY, Sixth Edition covers all the major behavioral and cognitive therapies. The wealth of case studies illustrates the application of behavior therapy techniques to a wide array of problems and clinical populations. The text's multidisciplinary approach includes applications to diverse fields, including psychology, education, social work, nursing, and rehabilitation.
Table of Contents
Part I: BASIC PRINCIPLES.
1. Behavior Therapy: Introduction.
2. Antecedents of Contemporary Behavior Therapy.
3. The Behavioral Model.
4. The Process of Behavior Therapy.
5. Behavior Therapy Research.
6. Behavioral Assessment.
Part II: BEHAVIOR THERAPIES.
7. Acceleration Behavior Therapy: Stimulus Control and Reinforcement.
8. Deceleration Behavior Therapy: Differential Reinforcement, Punishment, and Aversion Therapy.
9. Combining Reinforcement and Punishment: Token Economy, Contingency Contract, and Behavioral Parent Training.
10. Exposure Therapy: Brief/Graduated.
11. Exposure Therapy: Prolonged/Intense.
12. Modeling Therapy: Vicarious Extinction and Skills Training.
13. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Cognitive Restructuring.
14. Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: Coping Skills.
15. Acceptance/Mindfulness-Based Behavior Therapy.
Part III: APPLICATIONS TO SOMATIC PROBLEMS AND CONTEMPORARY BEHAVIOR THERAPY IN PERSPECTIVE.
16. Applications of Behavior Therapy to Medical Disorders.
17. Applications of Behavior Therapy to Psychological Disorders With Primary Physical Characteristics.
18. Contemporary Behavior Therapy in Perspective: Its Strengths, Challenges, and Future.