Specifically oriented to the needs of information systems students, PRINCIPLES OF INFORMATION SECURITY, 5e delivers the latest technology and developments from the field. Taking a managerial approach, this market-leading introductory book teaches all the aspects of information security-not just the technical control perspective. It provides a broad review of the entire field of information security, background on many related elements, and enough detail to facilitate understanding of the topic. It covers the terminology of the field, the history of the discipline, and an overview of how to manage an information security program. Current and relevant, the fifth edition includes the latest practices, fresh examples, updated material on technical security controls, emerging legislative issues, new coverage of digital forensics, and hands-on application of ethical issues in IS security. It is the ultimate resource for future business decision-makers.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Information Security.
2. The Need for Security.
3. Legal, Ethical, and Professional Issues in Information Security.
4. Planning for Security.
5. Risk Management.
6. Security Technology: Firewalls, VPNs, and Wireless.
7. Security Technology: Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems and Other Security Tools.
9. Physical Security.
10. Implementing Information Security.
11. Security and Personnel.
12. Information Security Maintenance and eDiscovery.