PHARMACY TERMINOLOGY is unique in offering terminology directed to pharmacy technicians and pharmacists. It consists of 5 parts: Introduction to Terminology, Terminology of the Body Systems, Terminology of Special Populations, Terminology Related to the Pharmacy Profession, and Mathematics Review. This thorough resource of terminology is supported by the use of full color photos and illustrations that bring the text to life. To present a complete review of pharmacy terminology, it covers general terminology, drug terminology, and discusses pathological conditions along with the medications used to treat them. StudyWARE CD-ROM accompanies the book with a variety of question types, as well as correct pronunciations with audio examples.
Table of Contents
Part I. Introduction to Terminology.
1. Word Parts and Their Meanings.
2. Organization of the Human Body.
Part II. Terminology of the Body Systems.
3. The Integumentary System.
4. The Skeletal System.
5. The Muscular System.
6. The Eyes and Ears.
7. The Nervous System.
8. The Endocrine System.
9. The Digestive System.
10. The Cardiovascular System.
11. The Blood.
12. The Immune System.
13. The Respiratory System.
14. The Urinary System.
15. The Male Reproductive System.
16. The Female Reproductive System.
Part III. Terminology of Special Populations.
17. Terminology Related to Pediatrics.
18. Terminology Related to Geriatrics.
19. Terminology Related to the Oncology Patient.
Part IV. Terminology Related to the Pharmacy Profession.
20. Pharmacological Vocabulary.
21. Terminology Used in Administering Medications.
22. The Practice of Pharmacy.
23. Advanced Pharmacy.
24. Pharmacy Laboratory Procedures. 25. Pharmacy Law.
26. Management of Pharmacy Operations.
27. Health Insurance Billing.
28. Computer Applications in the Pharmacy.
Part V.Mathematics Review.
29. Basic Mathematics.
30. Measurement Systems.