Introduction to Game AI, 1st Edition
- Neil Kirby
- ISBN-10: 1598639986 | ISBN-13: 9781598639988
- 368 Pages
- © 2011 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $30.00
Today's game players expect increasingly realistic interaction within games. "Introduction to Game AI" teaches readers who are new to game AI the skills they need through hands-on projects based on small, understandable games. While there are many books that take a more advanced approach to this topic, this is one of the only books that focuses specifically on beginners. Every project in the book can be completed using tolls that are available for free online, and new skills are taught using easy to follow instructions and examples.
1. Introduction: Game AI and How to Use This Book.
2. Simple Hard-Coded AI.
3. Finite State Machines.
4. Rule-Based AI.
5. Introduction to Random and Probabilistic Decisions.
6. Look-ahead, the First Step of Planning.
7. Book of Moves.
8. Emergent Behaviors.
9. Topics to Pursue From Here.