Public Policy in America: Government in Action, 2nd Edition
- Dennis J. Palumbo Arizona State University
- ISBN-10: 0155003836 | ISBN-13: 9780155003835
- 430 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1988
- © 1994 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $189.75
Ideal as a primary text for courses in Public Policy or as a supplementary text for courses in American Government. This text offers an innovative two-part organization. Part I details each aspect of the policy cycle, while Part II applies the policy cycle to such issues as health, welfare, crime, education, energy, and the environment.
Part I: The Policy Cycle.
1. The Public Policy Approach to Understanding Politics in America.
2. Agenda Setting: What Problems Will Become Subjects for Governmental Action?.
3. Policy Formulation: Designing Solutions to Public.
4. Implementation: Filling in the Gaps of Public Policy.
5. Evaluation: Determining the Effectiveness of Public Policy.
Part II: Substantive Policy Issues.
6. Health Policy: The High Cost of Good Health.
7. Social Welfare: Who Gets What from Government.
8. Crime and Justice: Law in Action.
9. Educational Policy and the Goal of Equal Opportunity.
10. Energy Policy: The Politics of Growth.
11. Environmental Policy: Economic Growth Versus Environmental Protection.