Social Work Advocacy: A New Framework for Action, 1st Edition
- Robert L. Schneider Virginia Commonwealth University
- ISBN-10: 0830415246 | ISBN-13: 9780830415243
- 384 Pages
- © 2001 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $172.50
This text is designed to promote advocacy into social work curricula in response to the new NASW Code of Ethics and its emphasis on advocacy, as well as the Curriculum Policy Statement of CSWE that promotes social and economic justice. In an effort to clarify what advocacy actually is and does, the authors created a new practice framework so that social workers can approach advocacy in a systematic way. Along with a practice framework, this text gives an overview of the history of advocacy and hands-on skill building to enhance the reader's effectiveness as an advocate.
Part I: Overview Of Advocacy.
1. History of Social Work Advocacy.
2. New Definition of Social Work Advocacy.
Part II: General Practice Framework.
Part III: Social Work Advocacy Settings.
5. Client Advocacy.
6. Cause Advocacy.
7. Legislative Advocacy.
8. Administrative Advocacy.
9. Trends Affecting Social Work Advocacy.