This text is a descriptive presentation of how the largest and most influential police department in the nation, the NYPD, has significantly reduced crime over the last 10 years. As COMPSTAT is a critical tool in implementing the community policing model, this case study and methodology is of supreme importance to anyone interested in community policing and studying crime reduction.
Table of Contents
Foreword by William Bratton.
1. Historical Background of the NYC Crime Control Model.
2. What is COMPSTAT or the NYPD Crime Control Program?
3. Frequently Asked Questions About the Crime Control Model.
4. Implementing a Crime Control Program.
5. The NYC Crime Control Model and Community Policing, by Shelden Greenberg.
6. Strategy and Tactics Development in Law Enforcement.
7. The Long Term Significance of the NYPD Crime Control Model to Development of Law Enforcement.
8. The New Approach to Performance Management.
Appendix A: Stages of Development.
Appendix B: Data Format Sheets.
Appendix C: CAM Newsletter.