Social Statistics: A Text Using MicroCase, 4th Edition
- William Fox Skidmore College
- ISBN-10: 0534527418 | ISBN-13: 9780534527419
- 672 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1998, 1995
- © 2003 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $179.25
This is the only complete package for the introductory social statistics course. The fourth edition of the textbook is accompanied by a powerful version of Student MicroCase, research-quality data sets, a comprehensive set of workbook exercises, and hundreds of other enhancements. The textbook is a friendly introduction to social statistics, emphasizing both the fundamental principles that underlie statistics and the practical applications of statistics to real data. The writing style is conversational without being chatty, with an emphasis on anxiety relief. William Fox explains topics in a clear and simple manner, and prepares students to use social statistics in their everyday lives.
Part One. Univariate Analyses.
1. Statistics and Variables.
2. Frequency and Percentage Distributions.
4. Measures of Variation.
Part Two. Bivariate Analyses.
6. The Chi-Square Test of Statistical Significance.
7. Measures of Association of Cross-Tabulations.
8. Comparison of Means and t Test.
9. Analysis of Variance.
10. Regression and Correlation.
Part Three. Multivariate Analyses.
11. Multivariate Cross-tabulation.
12. Multiple Regression and Correlation.