PC 832 Concepts: Peace Officer Required Training, 8th Edition
- Devallis Rutledge, Esq.
- Derald D. Hunt
- ISBN-10: 0495000027 | ISBN-13: 9780495000020
- 193 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2002
- © 2005 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $98.00
This easy-to-read, illustrated text addresses all the topics required by POST for the PC 832 Training course. More than this, the book has been the consistent PC 832 training book since 1986, and is updated yearly. For students, the book ensures uniform exposure to all POST-required material and it also gives them a widely ranging reference handbook to use long after the class is completed. For instructors, this text not only reduces the need for supplemental handouts, but it also provides study assignments with a comprehensive glossary and complete index.
1. Law enforcement Profession.
3. Unethical Behavior.
4. Administration of Justice Components.
5. California Court System.
6. Discretionary Decision Making.
7. Community Attitudes and Influences.
8. Introduction to Law, Crime Elements, Defenses.
10. Parties to Crime.
11. Probable Cause.
12. Obstruction of Justice.
13. Constitutional Rights of Law.
14. Laws of Arrest.
15. Effects of Force.
16. Reasonable Force.
17. Deadly Force.
18. Illegal Force Prisoners.
19. Concepts of Evidence.
20. Rules of Evidence.
21. Search Concepts.
22. Seizure Concepts.
23. Interpersonal Communications.
24. Note Taking.
25. Introduction to Report Writing.
28. Preliminary Investigation.
29. Identification, Collection and Preservation of Evidence.
30. Chain of Custody.
31. Principles of Weaponless Defense.
32. Weaponless Defense- Weaponless Retention.
33. Person Search Techniques.
34. Search and Control Simulation.
35. Restraint Devices.
36. Prisoner Transportation.
37. Firearm Safety.
38. Handgun Familiarization.
39. Care, Cleaning and Storage of the Service Handgun.
40. Firearms Shooting Principles.
41. Handgun Combat Shooting-Range.