MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2012: COMPREHENSIVE teaches students the essentials of computer programming using the latest Visual Basic programming language, Visual Basic 2012. Twelve chapters and four appendices cover topics such as designing a Visual Basic user interface, creating a windows application, variables and arithmetic operations, mobile applications using decision structures, loop structures, Visual Studio tools for Office applications, arrays, function procedures and exception handling, incorporating databases with ADO.NET 3.5, creating classes, and cell phone applications and Web services. Written in a straight-forward style with the innovative Guided Program Development section in each chapter, this text makes it easy for any novice programmer to understand the core capabilities and fundamental skills and techniques for Visual Basic 2012.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Visual Basic 2012 Programming.
2. Program and Graphical User Interface Design.
3. Program Design and Coding.
4. Variables and Arithmetic Operations.
5. Decision Structures.
6. Loop Structures.
7. Using Procedures and Exception Handling.
8. Using Arrays and File Handling.
9. Creating Web Applications.
10. Incorporating Databases with ADO.NET.
11. Multiple Classes and Inheritance.
Enrichment Feature 1: Getting Started with Windows Store Apps.