More flexible than ever, MODERN RADIO AND AUDIO PRODUCTION: PROGRAMMING AND PERFORMANCE, 10e delivers comprehensive, cutting-edge coverage that enables instructors to choose whether they focus on audio, radio, or a combination of both. Completely up to date, the text features new material on the latest trends and technologies along with explanations of traditional equipment and practices. The authors' clear writing style, excellent descriptions and explanations, and attention to detail make the text extremely student friendly. In addition to new examples, illustrations, and photos throughout, the text's three all-new chapters focus on writing, ethics, and mobile radio.
Table of Contents
1. Production in Modern Radio and Online Audio Media.
Part I: AUDIO FUNDAMENTALS.
2. Sound and Microphones.
4. Playback and Recording Technology.
Part II: RADIO FUNDAMENTALS.
6. Recorded Program Production.
7. Live, On-Air Production.
8. Computer-Driven Technology.
Part III: AURAL COMMUNICATION.
9. Achieving an Effect.
10. Drama and Dramatic Elements in Radio.
11. Writing for the Ear.
Part IV: SPECIALIZED PRODUCTION.
12. Commercial Production.
13. News Production.
14. Remote and Sports Production.
15. Advanced Production: Multichannel, Music, and Special Effects.
Part V: The Business of Radio-Legacy and New Media Models.
16. Production, Programming, and the Modern Format.
17. Radio and the New Digital Infrastructure.
18. Mobile Radio and the Battle for the Dashboard.
19. Entrepreneurial Radio.
20. Ethics and the Communication Professional.