A SIMPLE GUIDE TO SPSS FOR POLITICAL SCIENCE is a supplemental text the can be used with another statistics or research methods text. Designed for Political Science majors, A SIMPLE GUIDE TO SPSS FOR POLITICAL SCIENCE helps students navigate through SPSS while taking a statistics or research methods course. The text includes additional coverage of categorical dependent variables, sample problems, and data sets specifically for Political Science. The American National Election Studies (ANES) database is used for sample problems, providing students with well-known and widely used resources in Political Science.
Table of Contents
PART 1: HOW TO USE IBM SPSS STATISTICS.
1. Introduction to IBM SPSS Statistics.
2. Creating and Saving a Data Set.
3. The ANES 2008 Data Set.
4. Specifying Analyses.
5. Viewing and Manipulating Output.
PART 2: PROCEDURES.
6. Frequency Distributions and Descriptive Statistics.
7. Making Comparisons.
8. One-Sample t-Test.
9. Independent-Samples t-Test.
10. One-Way Independent-Groups ANOVA.
11. Two-Way Independent-Groups ANOVA.
13. Simple Linear Regression.
14. Multiple Linear Regression.
15. Chi-Square Test of Independence.
16. Logistic Regression.
Appendix: Data Transformations.