This book is a "working text," designed to help students complete a real-world policy analysis and action plan through step-by-step worksheets. The text prepares students for policy practice in a way that no other current text is able to do. They leave the classroom armed with step-by-step instructions on how to analyze policy, construct alternatives, select alternatives, develop proposals, and construct action plans.
Table of Contents
1. Social Policy: Definitions and Descriptions.
2. Identifying Social Problems.
3. Practitioner's Historical Review.
4. Practitioner's Review of Norms and Values.
5. Practitioner's Political Review.
6. Practitioner's Delivery System Review.
7. Practitioner's Review of Alternative Solutions.
8. Practitioner's Review of Professional Analyses.
9. Practitioner's Interaction Review.
10. Summarizing the Analysis.
11. Taking Action.