Packed with professional information and cutting-edge technologies, SCENE DESIGN AND STAGE LIGHTING, Ninth Edition, remains the industry's most reliable resource for information on scenery, lighting, sound, and technology. Emphasizing collaboration, the exciting new ninth edition mirrors the best of real-world practices. With a stronger emphasis on modern technology, changes are reflected in the coverage of lighting and sound with an expanded section on television design. With 32 pages of four-color inserts, production photographs, and new insightful interviews with professional lighting and scenery designers, the new edition spotlights examples of contemporary work. Reflecting current professional practice, SCENE DESIGN AND STAGE LIGHTING, Ninth Edition, offers in-depth coverage of a broad range of topics, making it the most detailed and comprehensive text available in the scenic and lighting design and technology fields.
Table of Contents
Part I: CREATING A DESIGN.
2. Scene Design and the Theatre Space.
3. Scene Design as a Visual Art.
4. The Design Process.
5. Color in the Design.
6. Drafting the Design.
Part II: REALIZING THE DESIGN.
7. The Scene Shop, Tools, and Equipment.
8. Building the Scenery.
9. Painting Scenery.
10. Handling Scenery.
11. Stage Properties and the Designer.
Part III: SOUND FOR THE THEATRE.
12. Sound and Music in the Theatre.
13. Sound Systems and Equipment.
Part IV: STAGE LIGHTING.
14. Introduction to Stage-Lighting.
16. Color and Light.
17. Lighting Instruments.
18. Projection, Practicals, and Effects.
19. Design: Choices and Process.
20. Design: The Light Plot, Paperwork, and Production.
21. Lighting Control.
22. Stage-Lighting and Electricity.
23. Light Sources.
24. Design Techniques.
25. Lighting Design as a Profession.