Lymph drainage massage is a technique utilized by massage therapists to provide relief from edema, an accumulation of fluids in the tissues that causes swelling. This book provides a scientifically-accurate explanation of the lymphatic system, the theory behind lymph drainage massage, and explains when it should be performed. Also provided is an explanation of the application of lymph drainage massage to the needs of well clients, rather than focusing on pathology, since most massage therapists and estheticians will not be treating lymph edema disease in their work. The book offers step-by-step procedures for facial and upper and lower body massage, giving you practical information that can be applied immediately. With an aging baby boomer generation and the population at large increasingly focused on well-being, technicians – whether beginners or those looking to review and broaden their skills – are increasingly interested in learning about lymph drainage massage and how it can enhance their clients’ experience as well as their own careers. Milady’s Guide to Lymph Drainage Massage can play a vital role in accomplishing all of these goals.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Lymph Drainage Massage.
2. Tissues and Organs of the Lymphatic System.
3. Lymph Circulation
4. Functions of the Lymphatic System.
7. Lymph Drainage Massage: Indications and Contraindications.
8. Principles of Lymph Drainage Massage.
9. The Lymph Drainage Massage Session.
10. Face and Neck Treatment Sequence.
11. Lymph Drainage Massage of the Upper Extremities and Trunk.
12. Lymph Drainage Massage of the Lower Extremities and Trunk.
13. Visceral massage: Stimulating the Deep Circulation of Lymph.
14. Energetic and mind-Body Effects of Lymph Drainage Massage.
15. Using Lymph Drainage Massage with Other Treatments.
16. Self-Massage Using Lymph Drainage Massage Techniques.
17. Healing Crisis.