Introduce students to the critical role of purchasing in the supply chain with one of today's leading-edge strategy and purchasing books--Monczka/Handfield/Giunipero/Patterson's PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT, 5E. This turnkey solution provides current and complete coverage that makes it not only a useful text, but also a valuable professional reference tool for students.
This edition presents the most recent critical developments in the field, such as cases from emerging healthcare and the service industries as well as procure-to-pay redesign, supply risk, innovation, sustainability, and collaboration. Students examine the most important changes in supply management today and the impact of the recent recession and ongoing business uncertainty on continuous cost and value management across the supply chain.
This leading author team draws from firsthand experience and their relationships with executives and practitioners worldwide to present unique, up-to-date insights that enable students to better understand today's purchasing process. This edition's numerous cases and memorable examples help students gain contextual insights and knowledge into the strategies, processes, and practices of purchasing. As future managers, students become better equipped with a thorough understanding of the impact that purchasing and supply chain management have on the competitive success and profitability of today's organizations.
Table of Contents
Part I: INTRODUCTION.
1. Introduction to Purchasing and Supply Chain Management.
Part II: PURCHASING OPERATIONS AND STRUCTURE.
2. The Purchasing Process.
3. Purchasing Policy and Procedures.
4. Supply Management Integration for Competitive Advantage.
5. Purchasing and Supply Chain Organization.
Part III: STRATEGIC SOURCING.
6. Supply Management and Commodity Strategy Development.
7. Supplier Evaluation and Selection.
8. Supplier Quality Management.
9. Supplier Management and Development: Creating a World-Class Supply Base.
10. Worldwide Sourcing.
Part IV: STRATEGIC SOURCING PROCESS.
11. Strategic Cost Management.
12. Purchasing and Supply Chain Analysis: Tools and Techniques.
13. Negotiation and Conflict Management.
14. Contract Management.
15. Purchasing Law and Ethics.
Part V: CRITICAL SUPPLY CHAIN ELEMENTS.
16. Lean Supply Chain Management.
17. Purchasing Services.
18. Supply Chain Information Systems and Electronic Sourcing.
19. Performance Measurement and Evaluation.
Part VI: FUTURE DIRECTIONS.
20. Purchasing and Supply Strategy Trends.