Strategic Human Resource Management, 4th Edition
- Jeffrey A. Mello Siena College
- ISBN-10: 1285426797 | ISBN-13: 9781285426792
- 696 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2011, 2006, 2002
- © 2015 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $222.50
STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT 4E offers a truly innovative, integrative framework that examines the traditional functional HR areas from a strategic perspective. This text is organized into two sections. The first section, Chapters 1-7, examines the context of strategic HR and develops a framework and conceptual model for the practice of strategic HR. The second section, Chapters 8-14, examines the actual practice and implementation of strategic HR through a discussion of strategic issues that need to be addressed while developing specific programs and policies related to the traditional functional areas of HR. Both the integrative framework that requires linkage between and consistency among these functional HR activities and the approach toward writing about these traditional functional areas from a strategic perspective distinguish the text from what is currently on the market.
Part 1: THE CONTEXT OF STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
1. An Investment Perspective of Human Resources Management.
2. Social Responsibility and Human Resource Management.
3. Strategic Management.
4. The Evolving/Strategic Role of Human Resource Management.
5. Strategic Workforce Planning.
6. Design and Redesign of Work Systems.
7. Employment Law.
Part 2: IMPLEMENTATION OF STRATEGIC HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT.
9. Training and Development.
10. Performance Management and Feedback.
12. Labor Relations.
13. Employee Separation and Retention Management.
14. Global Human Resource Management.
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.