Teaching Learners with Mild Disabilities, 2nd Edition
- Ruth Lyn Meese Longwood College
- ISBN-10: 0534578527 | ISBN-13: 9780534578527
- 648 Pages
- Previous Editions: 1994
- © 2001 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $214.50
In this revision, Meese has expanded the strong blend of theory and practice that so effectively helped students prepare for the classroom in the first edition. The book's set of hypothetical schools, students, and teachers enable students to see the connection between research and application. Praised by reviewers for its clear and accessible writing, comprehensive coverage, and accurate, up-to-the minute research, the text helps students connect what they are learning to the many actions taken by classroom teachers throughout the school day.
PART ONE: FOUNDATIONS FOR INSRUCTION.
1. The Learners and Their Teachers.
2. Learners with Mild Disabilities.
3. Approaches to Teaching Learners with Mild Disabilities.
PART TWO: ORGANIZING FOR INSTRUCTION.
4. Communicating for Student Success.
5. Managing the Classroom Environment.
6. Assessing Student Progress.
7. Planning for Successful Instruction.
PART THREE: PROVIDING INSTRUCTION.
8. Effective Teacher Behaviors.
9. Student-Mediated Learning.
10. Oral Language Instruction.
11. Reading Instruction.
12. Written Language Instruction.
13. Mathematics Instruction.
14. Content Instruction in the Inclusive Classroom.
15. Instruction in Social and Independent Living Skills.
Appendix A: Detailed Information on he Students.
Appendix B: Materials and Organizations.