Chinatown: Economic Adaptation and Ethnic Identity of the Chinese, 1st Edition
- Bernard P. Wong
- ISBN-10: 0534971377 | ISBN-13: 9780534971373
- 160 Pages
- © 2002 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $55.50 List Price = $ 73.95
This case study analyzes the structural adaptations that Chinese American communities in general, and the New York Chinatown in particular, have made to survive in American society.
1. From China to America.
2. Social Structure of Chinatown.
3. What Kinds of People are There in Chinatown?
4. Making a Living.
5. The Chinese Family in the United States.
6. Ethnic Identity of Chinese Americans.
7. Forces of Cultural Continuity and Culture Change.
8. Conclusion: The Future of Chinatown.