Expanded and Revised, LEADING THE WAY: THE BUSY NURSE'S GUIDE TO SUPERVISION IN LONG-TERM CARE, 3rd Edition gives charge nurses and supervisors the tools they need to experience and create success in any long-term care environment. This easy-to-read handbook applies proven methods from the latest research, and covers everything from mentoring and motivating employees to dealing with job stress and ethical dilemmas. Succinct yet thorough, LEADING THE WAY: THE BUSY NURSE'S GUIDE TO SUPERVISION IN LONG-TERM CARE, 3rd Edition delivers the essentials of management and leadership, such as team building, communication, staff development, performance issues, and organization, all with a specific, long-term care focus. New discussions on effectively managing conflict, diffusing tension with humor, and achieving work/life balance make this always-popular text even more useful for nurses, nursing assistants, and students everywhere.
Table of Contents
1. What is Leadership?
2. Building an Effective Team.
3. Communication: The Secret of Successful Supervision.
4. Setting an Example: Coaching and Mentoring.
5. Strategies for Staff Development.
7. Managing and Organizing for Success.
8. Recognition Equals High Morale.
9. Dealing with Conflict.
10. Helping Staff Achieve Work/Life Balance.
11. Dealing with Your Job Stress.
12. Humor in the Workplace.
13. Making Diversity Work.
14. Performance Management.
15. Professional Ethics.