Health Economics and Policy, 6th Edition
- James W. Henderson Baylor University
- ISBN-10: 1285758498 | ISBN-13: 9781285758497
- 512 Pages
- © 2015 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $292.00
The 6th edition of HEALTH ECONOMICS AND POLICY thoroughly demonstrates how microeconomic principles apply to health care delivery and its policies. The text explores the changing nature of health care, the social and political sides of issues, and the future of health care delivery and finance under the Affordable Care Act; the text also teaches students to analyze public policy from an economic perspective. Written for non-economics majors, HEALTH ECONOMICS AND POLICY delivers significant economic content and is appropriate for economics majors.
1. U.S. Medical Care: A System in Transition.
2. Using Economics to Study Health Issues.
3. Analyzing Medical Care Markets.
4. Economic Evaluation in Health Care.
5. Demand for Health and Medical Care.
6. The Market for Health Insurance.
7. Managed Care.
8. The Physicians' Services Market.
9. The Hospital Services Market.
10. The Market for Pharmaceuticals.
11. Confounding Factors.
12. Policies That Enhance Access.
13. Policies to Contain Costs.
14. Medical Care Systems Worldwide.
15. Medical Care Reform in the United States.
16. Lessons for Public Policy.