The MindTap Learning Path guides students through readings, multimedia, and activities designed to follow the learning taxonomy from basic knowledge and comprehension up to analysis and
application. By hiding, rearranging, or adding your own content, you control what students see and when they see it and match the Learning Path to your course syllabus exactly.
The learning path includes all literary selections from PORTABLE LITERATURE, 9th Edition. It is enhanced by the writing instruction from COMPACT LITERATURE, 9th Edition, and a wide variety of additional literary works available through the Questia library.
PART I: A GUIDE TO WRITING ABOUT LITERATURE
1. Reading and Writing about Literature.
2. Writing Literary Arguments.
3. Documenting Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism.
PART II: FICTION.
4. Understanding Fiction.
5. Fiction Sampler: The Short-Short Story.
6. Fiction Sampler: Graphic Fiction.
10. Point of View.
11. Style, Tone, and Language.
12. Symbol, Allegory, and Myth.
14. Fiction for Further Reading.
PART III: POETRY.
15. Understanding Poetry.
17. Word Choice, Word Order.
19. Figures of Speech.
22. Symbol, Allegory, Allusion, Myth.
23. Discovering Themes in Poetry.
24. Poetry for Further Reading.
25. Poetry Sampler: Poetry and Art.
PART IV: DRAMA.
26. Understanding Drama.
27. Drama Sampler: Ten-Minute Plays.