Intended for courses in multiobjective decision analysis or as a supplement to a first course in decision analysis, this text emphasizes practical applications and problem solving.
Students learn how to use spreadsheets and other analytical tools in considering such important tradeoffs as cost versus quality and market share versus short-term return on investment.
Table of Contents
1. Making Decisions Strategically
2. Structuring Objectives
3. Developing Alternatives
4. Multiobjective Value Analysis
5. Thinking About Uncertainty
6. Decisions with Uncertainty
7. Multiple Objectives and Uncertainty
8. Resource Allocation
9. Multiattribute Preference Theory
Appendix A. Case: Computer Networking Strategy / Appendix B. Scenario Planning for Decision Making / Appendix C. Probability Elicitation Interview / Appendix D. Interdependent Uncertainties / Index