Childhood Sexual Abuse: Developmental Effects Across The Lifespan, 1st Edition
- Felicia Ferrara University of Sarasota
- ISBN-10: 0534576451 | ISBN-13: 9780534576455
- 304 Pages
- © 2002 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $95.25
This text sheds light on a deeply hidden, yet powerfully debilitating, experience of childhood: sexual abuse. The author strives to accurately present information on the complex dynamics that have an impact on individuals, families, school environments and society at large. With these dynamics in mind, the author presents a collection of varied issues that will better prepare a child care professional in working with children who have been abused.
PART I: A REVIEW OF HISTORICAL, THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ISSUES.
1. Historical Review of Child Abuse Issues.
2. Perspective of Pedophilia Behaviors.
3. Documentation, Research, and Relevant Issues.
4. Theoretical Models of Child Sexual Abuse.
5. Theoretical Models of Diagnosis, Treatment and Recovery.
6. Emergence of Child Development Theories.
PART II: AGE-SPECIFIC AND TREATMENT ISSUES RELATED TO SEXUAL ABUSE.
7. Infant-Toddler Development.
8. Preschool-Age of Development.
9. Early Childhood Development.
10. Preadolescence and Adolescence.
12. Treatment Issues.
"Wow! I am left with a head and heart full of information that exhibit the author's empathy, experience and ability to educate readers and human beings about the pervasive and often overwhelming implications of childhood sexual abuse."— Teresa Christensen, University of New Orleans