GUIDE TO WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, 3rd Edition is designed for an entry level course in wireless data communications. The text covers the fundamentals wireless communications and provides an overview of protocols, transmission methods, and IEEE standards. GUIDE TO WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS, 3rd Edition examines the broad range of wireless communications technologies available beginning with the basics of radio frequency and wireless data transmission and progressing to the protocols and mechanisms that every wirless network technician should understand. Key topics cover several technologies for Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMANs), and Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWANs) giving an overview of the most current cellular and satellite communications.
Key topics include Wireless Personal Area Networks (WPANs), Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs), Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (WMANs), and Wireless Wide Area Networks (WWANs).
Table of Contents
1. Introduction To Wireless Communications.
2. Wireless Data Transmission.
3. Understanding Radio Frequency Communications.
4. How Antennas Work.
5. Low Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks.
6. High-Rate Wireless Personal Area Networks.
7. Wi-Fi (Wireless Local Area Networks).
8. Wi-Fi (Wlan) Security.
9. WMAN – Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks.
10. WWAN – Wireless Wide Area Networks.
11. RFID – Radio Frequency Identification.
12. Wireless Communication In Business.