Develop the drawing skills you need for a successful career in CAD, drafting, or design with this comprehensive, widely successful book, now in its 6th edition! Technical Drawing and Engineering Communication, 6E offers readers the "total technical drawing experience," with coverage that spans from basic to advanced aspects of engineering and industrial technology. It provides a fundamental exposure to design and visualization for computer modeling, while still presenting thorough coverage of more traditional methods of technical drawing. With revisions that reflect the very latest information on CAD, GIS, the Internet, ISO 9000, and solid modeling, this book is a valuable resource, with applications to various drafting disciplines.
Table of Contents
SECTION 1. BASICS.
Introduction: Graphic Communication and Technical Drawing.
1. CAD and Technical Drawing.
2. Technical Drawing with Instruments.
3. Manual Lettering, Sketching, and Line Techniques.
4. Geometric Construction.
SECTION 2: TECHNICAL DRAWING FUNDAMENTALS.
5. Spatial Visualization and Multiview Drawings.
6. Sectional Views.
7. Auxiliary Views.
8. Descriptive Geometry.
9. Patterns and Developments.
10. Dimensioning and Notation.
11. Solid/3D Modeling: Computational Design and Analysis.
SECTION 3: DESIGN DRAFTING APPLICATIONS.
12. Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
17. Assembly and Detail Drawings for Design.
18. Pictorial Drawings.
SECTION 4: RELATED TECHNOLOGIES, APPLICATIONS AND PROCESSES.
20. Modern manufacturing: Materials, Processes, and Automation.
21. Drafting Applications, Pipe, Structural, Architectural, Civil Engineering, and GIS.
22. The Design Process.
Appendix A: Tables.