MODERN MOTORCYCLE TECHNOLOGY, Second Edition takes your students on an in-depth exploration of the internal and external workings of today's motorcycles. The book begins with an overview of motorcycle technology, from a history of the vehicle to the current state of the industry. Coverage then progresses to safety measures, engine operation, internal combustion engines (2-stroke and 4-stroke), electrical fundamentals, and overall motorcycle maintenance, as well as a special chapter devoted to troubleshooting. Throughout the book, the author's straightforward writing style and extensive, full-color photos and illustrations help engage readers and bring the material to life.
The Second Edition has been thoroughly updated, and includes new content on the latest motorcycle models and technology from today's top manufacturers. The new edition also features additional material on key topics such as fuel injection, suspension systems, and V-engine technology, as well as an expanded suite of separately available supplementary teaching and learning tools—including a hands-on student workbook and electronic instructor's resources. Modern Motorcycle Technology is a valuable resource for anyone seeking the knowledge and skills to succeed in today's motorcycle technology field.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Modern Motorcycle Technology.
2. Safety First.
4. Measuring Systems, Fasteners, and Thread Repair.
5. Basic Engine Operation and Configurations.
6. Internal Combustion Engines.
7. Lubrication and Cooling Systems.
8. Fuel Systems.
9. Drives, Clutches, and Transmissions.
10. Two Stroke Engine Top End Inspection.
11. Two Stroke Engine Lower End Inspection.
12. Four Stoke Engine Top End Inspection.
13. Four Stroke Engine Lower End Inspection.
14. Electrical Fundamentals.
15. Charging Systems and DC Circuits.
16. Ignition and Electric Starting Systems.
17. Frames and Suspension.
18. Brakes, Wheels, and Tires.
19. Motorcycle Maintenance and Emission Controls.
20. Motorcycle Troubleshooting.