BUSINESS ANALYSIS & VALUATION: USING FINANCIAL STATEMENTS, 5E has a valuation emphasis and focuses on a four-part framework: (1) business strategy analysis for developing an understanding of a firm's competitive strategy; (2) accounting analysis for representing the firm's business economics and strategy in its financial statements, and for developing adjusted accounting measures of performance; (3) financial analysis for ratio analysis and cash flow measures of operating; and (4) prospective analysis. The text shows how this business analysis and valuation framework can be applied to a variety of decision contexts: securities analysis, credit analysis, corporate financing policies analysis, mergers and acquisitions analysis, and governance and communication analysis.
Table of Contents
Part I: FRAMEWORK.
1. A Framework for Business Analysis and Valuation Using Financial Statements.
Part II: BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND VALUATION TOOLS.
2. Strategy Analysis.
3. Overview of Accounting Analysis.
4. Implementing Accounting Analysis.
5. Financial Analysis.
6. Prospective Analysis: Forecasting.
7. Prospective Analysis: Valuation Theory and Concepts.
8. Prospective Analysis: Valuation Implementation.
Part III: BUSINESS ANALYSIS AND VALUATION APPLICATIONS.
9. Equity Security Analysis.
10. Credit Analysis and Distress Prediction.
11. Mergers and Acquisitions.
12. Communication and Governance.