The Road to the White House 2012 Prepack with Appendix, 9th Edition
- Stephen J. Wayne Georgetown University
- ISBN-10: 1111341656 | ISBN-13: 9781111341657
- 414 Pages
- © 2012 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $89.50
- Newer Edition Available
Stephen Wayne, a leading scholar of presidential electoral politics, describes and analyzes the crucial politics, procedures, and strategies behind campaign finance, media relations, nominating politics, and all aspects of the general election from the institutional structure in which it occurs, the political environment, the quest for the nomination of the major parties, to the politics, media, and meaning of the general election.
About the Author.
Part I: THE ELECTORAL ARENA.
1. Presidential Selection: A Historical Overview.
2. Campaign Finance.
3. The Political Environment.
Part II: THE NOMINATION.
4. Party Rules and their Impact: The Legal Environment
5. Campaigning for the Nomination
6. Spring Interregnum: Consolidating Victory and Posturing for the Election.
Part III: THE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.
7. Organization, Strategy, and Tactics.
8. Media Politics.
Part IV: THE ELECTION.
9. Understanding Presidential Elections.
10. Reforming the Electoral System.
Part V: APPENDICES.
A. Results of Presidential Elections, 1900-2008.
B. 2008 Electoral and Popular Vote Summary.
C. 2008 Electoral Vote Distribution.
D. Republican and Democratic Party Conventions and Nominees, 1900-2008.
To customize your learning solution, contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1111341508 | ISBN-13: 9781111341503
List Price = $116.95 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $87.75
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1133224229 | ISBN-13: 9781133224228
List Price = $224.95 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $166.50
This Bundle Includes: