Modern Diesel Technology: Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis, 1st Edition
- Sean Bennett
- ISBN-10: 1401870791 | ISBN-13: 9781401870799
- 384 Pages
- © 2007 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $146.25
Gain a sound understanding of electronically controlled diesel engines as well as maintenance and diagnostic procedures. This book uses the ASE L2 "composite" diesel engine as a platform for fostering a detailed understanding of current truck engine management systems including electronic unit injector (EUI), hydraulically actuated electronic unit injector (HEUI), electronic unit pump (EUP), time-pressure injection (HPI-TP), computer-controlled pump-line-nozzle (PLN), and diesel common rail (CR) fuel management systems. Coverage is comprehensive in scope, addressing vehicle management computers, electronic service tools (ESTs), connector and wiring repair, and the principles of multiplexing, as well as each major system of the various fuel management systems used on today's diesel powered trucks.
1. Introduction and safety.
2. Engine Management Computers.
3. Electronic Service Tools
4. Wiring, Connector and Terminal Repair (connector assembly)
6. Medium/Heavy Composite Engine (this is an ASE L2 term - objective here is to understand what a composite engine is so ASE questions can be accurately interpreted.)
7. Electronic Unit Injector (EUI) Systems
8. Common Rail Systems
9. Pump-Line-Nozzle (PLN) Integral Fuel Pump systems.
10. Electronic Unit Pump (EUP) systems.
11. Hydraulically-actuated, electronically controlled, unit injection systems (HEUI)
12. Time-Pressure (HPI-TP) Common Rail systems
13. Emission controls and testing diesel engines
14. Electronic Diesel Engine Controls Diagnosis (L2 task list Item B)
15. Diesel Engine Air Induction and Exhaust Diagnosis (L2 task list Item C)
16.Diesel Fuel Systems Diagnosis. (L2 task list Item D)
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1111120005 | ISBN-13: 9781111120009
List Price = $576.95 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $427.00
This Bundle Includes:
All supplements have been updated in coordination with the main title. Select the main title's "About" tab, then select "What's New" for updates specific to title's edition.
For more information about these supplements, or to obtain them, contact your Learning Consultant.