This text reflects the current state of computer technology and music composition. The authors offer clear, practical overviews of program languages, real-time synthesizers, digital filtering, artificial intelligence, and much more.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
1. Fundamentals of Computer Music.
2. The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Music.
3. Fundamentals of Digital Audio.
4. Synthesis Fundamentals.
5. Synthesis Using Distortion Techniques.
6. Subtractive Synthesis.
7. Analysis-Based Synthesis Techniques.
8. Granular Synthesis.
9. Physical Modeling.
10. Reverberation, Auditory Localization, And Other Sound-Processing Tehniques.
11. Composition with Computers.
12. Real-Time Performance of Computer Music.