Cliff Ragsdale is an innovator of the spreadsheet teaching revolution and is highly regarded in the field of management science. The seventh edition of SPREADSHEET MODELING AND DECISION ANALYSIS: A PRACTICAL INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS ANALYTICS retains the elements and philosophy that has made its past editions so successful and includes elements that assist in the transition to business analytics.
This version of SPREADSHEET MODELING AND DECISION ANALYSIS has been updated for use with Microsoft® Office Excel® 2013. It provides succinct instruction in the most commonly used management science techniques and shows how these tools can be implemented using the most current version of Excel® for Windows. This text also focuses on developing both algebraic and spreadsheet modeling skills.
Analytic Solver Platform replaces Risk Solver Platform in the seventh edition. Analytic Solver Platform includes all of the capabilities of Risk Solver for risk analysis and Monte Carlo simulation, all of the capabilities of Premium Solver Platform for optimization, and new capabilities for finding robust optimal decisions using simulation, optimization, stochastic programming, and robust optimization methods.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Modeling and Decision Analysis.
2. Introduction to Optimization and Linear Programming.
3. Modeling and Solving LP Problems in a Spreadsheet.
4. Sensitivity Analysis and the Simplex Method.
5. Network Modeling.
6. Integer Linear Programming.
7. Goal Programming and Multiple Objective Optimization.
8. Nonlinear Programming & Evolutionary Optimization.
9. Regression Analysis.
10. Data Mining.
11. Time Series Forecasting.
12. Introduction to Simulation Using Analytic Solver Platform.
13. Queuing Theory.
14. Decision Analysis.
15. Project Management (Online).