Sources of Global History Since 1900, 2nd Edition
- James H. Overfield University of Vermont
- ISBN-10: 1111835381 | ISBN-13: 9781111835385
- 480 Pages
- Previous Editions: 2002
- © 2013 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $89.00
SOURCES OF GLOBAL HISTORY SINCE 1900 is a primary source reader designed to supplement modern world history courses. It contains both textual and visual sources from around the world and features strong pedagogical learning aids to ensure students are equipped with the information needed to understand and appreciate each document.
PART I: SEEDS OF CHANGE: POLITICS, SOCIETY, AND CULTURE, 1900-1914.
1. The Western World on the Eve of the Great War.
2. Asia, Africa, and Latin America in the Early 1900s.
PART II: DECADES OF WAR, ECONOMIC UPHEAVAL, AND REVOLUTION, 1914-1939.
3. World War I and Its Global Significance.
4. Decades of Crisis in the Western World and the Soviet Union.
5. Latin America in an Era of Economic Challenge and Political Change.
6. Colonial Africa.
7. Asia in an Era of Nationalism and Revolution.
PART III: FROM WORLD WAR II TO THE EARLY 1970S: DECADES OF CONFLICT, DECOLONIZATION, AND ECONOMIC RECOVERY.
8. World War II and its Aftermath.
9. The Industrialized West in an Era of Economic Growth and Social Change.
10. Worlds Apart: The Soviet Union, the Soviet Bloc, and China.
11. The Emergence of a Third World.
PART IV: CENTURY'S CLOSE: FROM COLD WAR TO GLOBALIZATION.
12. The 1970s and 1980s: Years of Challenge and Change.
13. The Century's Last Decade.
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs. Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
ISBN-10: 1133426204 | ISBN-13: 9781133426202
List Price = $131.95 | CengageBrain Price = $131.95 | College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $99.00
This Bundle Includes: