Pairing fundamental programming concepts with both business applications and fun and engaging game applications, the fully revised fifth edition of MICROSOFT VISUAL BASIC 2012: RELOADED provides a solid foundation in programming principles and how to use them. The book begins by covering the basics, from creating user interfaces to understanding variables, constants, and calculations. Building on this knowledge, coverage progresses to more advanced topics, such as manipulating and querying a Microsoft Access database, creating Web applications, and creating classes and objects. This new edition leverages the powerful pedagogy of previous editions while bringing the content up-to-date with detailed explanations of the new features of Visual Basic 2012 and new examples and applications that illustrate how those features are put to work.
Table of Contents
Overview: An Introduction to Programming.
1. An Introduction to Visual Basic 2012.
2. Creating a User Interface.
3. Memory Locations and Calculations.
4. Making Decisions in a Program.
5. More on the Selection Structure.
6. Repeating Program Instructions.
7. More on the Repetition Structure.
8. Sub and Function Procedures.
10. String Manipulation and Menus.
11. Structures and Sequential Files.
12. Access Databases.
13. Creating Simple Web Applications.
14. Creating Classes and Objects.
Appendix A: Answers to Mini-Quizzes.
Appendix B: How to Boxes.
Appendix C: Most Commonly Used Properties of Objects.
Appendix D: Visual Basic Conversion Functions.
Appendix E: Finding and Fixing Program Errors.