CREATIVE STRATEGY IN ADVERTISING provides everything students need to be successful as advertising professionals in today's fast-changing media environment. Focusing on the idea that good advertising always starts with an understanding of people and an awareness of their needs, the text advances through the creative process step by step. It focuses first on the creative person, and then on strategy and problem solving. Complementing expert instruction with extensive examples of layouts and ad copy, this book gives students the necessary tools to create winning advertising strategies.
Table of Contents
1. Creativity: Unexpected but Relevant Selling Messages.
2. Branding: Identity and Image Strategy.
3. Diversity: Targeting an Ever-Changing Marketplace.
4. Fact Finding: The Basis for Effective Creative Work.
5. Strategy: A Road Map for the Creative Team.
6. Ideas: The Currency of the 21st Century.
7. Words on Paper: Connecting to Consumers' Hearts and Minds.
8. Layouts: Designing to Communicate.
9. Radio: Can You See What I'm Saying?
10. TV: The Power of Sight, Sound, and Motion.
11. Direct Marketing: The Convenience of Shopping at Home.
12. Integrated Marketing Communications: Building Strong Relationships.
13. Law and Ethics: Making Sure Your Great Idea is a Good Idea.
14. Client Pitches: Selling your Ideas.
Appendix. Portfolios: Landing a Job in the Creative Department.
Appendix. Assignments: Building a Campaign Step by Step.