This practical résumé-building and employment guide takes readers step-by-step through the process of crafting a polished résumé and developing strong interview techniques. It is the only résumé manual on the market specifically geared toward those who enter the job market with a two-year degree, although it is equally applicable to four-year graduates. Numerous examples allow readers to develop a résumé that best suits their career goals, and information on electronic résumé formatting and delivery prepares readers to use today's online resources in their employment search. The guide also provides a direct, simplified approach to the entire employment process by discussing employment databases, cover letters, networking, and job applications.
Table of Contents
1. Getting the Interview.
2. Identify your Strengths to Construct a Qualifications Summary and Superior Resume.
3. Developing the Key Sections of a Resume.
4. Essentials and Examples in Resume Presentation.
5. Resume Formats, Styles, and Applications.
6. Researching Prospective Employers Online with Tips on Salary Negotiation.
7. Cover Letters.
8. References, Attachments, and Employment Application.
9. Resume Submission and Follow-up.
11. The Interview.
Appendix A. Resumes for Four-Year Graduates.