Filled with updated research and findings, the tenth edition of Schultz and Schultz's THEORIES OF PERSONALITY gives students a clear and cogent introduction to this dynamic field. Organized by theory, this popular text discusses major theorists who represent psychoanalytic, neopsychoanalytic, lifespan, trait, humanistic, cognitive, behavioral, and social-learning approaches, while demonstrating the influence of events in theorists' personal and professional lives on the development of these theories. The book also explores the ways in which race, gender, and cultural issues play a part in the study of personality and in personality assessment, and includes numerous examples, tables, and figures that further enhance students' understanding of the content. The final chapter, "Personality in Perspective," integrates topics explored in previous chapters and suggests conclusions that can be drawn from the many theorists' work.
Table of Contents
1. Studying Personality: Assessment, Research, and Theory.
2. Sigmund Freud: Psychoanalysis.
3. Carl Jung: Analytical Psychology.
4. Alfred Adler: Individual Psychology.
5. Karen Horney: Neurotic Needs and Trends.
6. Erik Erikson: Identity Theory.
7. Gordon Allport: Motivation and Personality.
8. Raymond Cattell, Hans Eysenck, and Other Trait Theories.
9. Abraham Maslow: Needs-Hierarchy Theory.
10. Carl Rogers: Self-Actualization Theory.
11. George Kelly: Personal Construct Theory.
12. B. F. Skinner: Reinforcement Theory.
13. Albert Bandura: Modeling Theory.
14. Locus of Control, Sensation Seeking, Learned Helplessness, Optimism/Pessimism, Positive Psychology, Happiness and Success.
15. Personality in Perspective.
Learning Resource Bundles
Choose the textbook packaged with the resources that best meet your course and student needs.
Contact your Learning Consultant for more information.
Bundle: Personality Theories + Personality Theories Workbook, 9th
ISBN-10: 1285483391 | ISBN-13: 9781285483399
List Price = $395.95
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $297.75
This Bundle Includes:
- Personality Theories Workbook
List Price = $77.95
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $58.50
- Theories of Personality
List Price = $318.95
| CengageBrain Price = $318.95
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $239.25
ePack: eBook: Theories of Personality + eBook: Personality Theories Workbook
ISBN-10: 1133548822 | ISBN-13: 9781133548829
List Price = $78.98
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $78.98
This Bundle Includes:
- eBook: Theories of Personality
List Price = $63.49
| CengageBrain Price = $63.49
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $63.49
- eBook: Personality Theories Workbook
List Price = $15.49
| College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $15.49