GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS: GAME TESTING & QA explains the history of testing, basic and advanced techniques, educational background, and available online resources on testing. With GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS: GAME TESTING & QA, dedicated gamers can learn what it takes to become a professional, well-paid QA or production testers – entering the game industry from the front door. The authors envision a future where game testers are recognized as well-trained, elite professionals that play a crucial role in game development. GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS: GAME TESTING & QA is a comprehensive guide to the mysterious game testing profession. Through first-hand experience and deep research, the authors shed light on the history of testing, basic and advanced techniques, job-hunting, and moving up in the ladder of game development. GAME DEVELOPMENT ESSENTIALS: GAME TESTING & QA is the first book of its kind, preparing would-be testers for an exciting career in the game industry.
Table of Contents
1. QA & Testing Through the Ages: a historical background.
2. The Mysterious World of Testing: working conditions & demographics.
3. The Many Faces of Testing: the game life cycle.
4. Planning Your Strategy: bug categories, tools & documentation.
5. Start Your Engines!: bare bones bug hunting.
6. Race to the Finish Line: elite bug hunting.
7. Ready, Set, Go!: entering the world of game testing.
8. Surviving & Escaping the Dungeon: transcending testing.
9. Testing Future Waters: what’s next & how to get there.