Full Metal Jackie Certified: The 50 Most Influential Metal Songs of the 80s, 1st Edition
- Jackie Kajzer
- Roger Lotring
- ISBN-10: 1435454413 | ISBN-13: 9781435454415
- 300 Pages
- © 2010 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $22.50
In this one-of-a-kind book, author Jackie Kajzer, famous internationally as "Full Metal Jackie," collects insights from your favorite rock stars about the creative process behind the most influential metal songs of the '80s. The interviews go well beyond the already familiar stories and anecdotes, as Jackie gathers thoughts from heavy metal artists and songwriters about the cultural and social impact the songs had when they were released, as well as the continued validity and influence these songs hold today. So cue up the album tracks, print out the lyrics, and listen while you read the pages that follow. You'll never hear these songs the same way again.
1. JUDAS PRIEST - Breaking The Law.
2. BLACK SABBATH - Children Of The Sea.
3. BLACK SABBATH - Heaven and Hell.
4. AC/DC - Back In Black.
5. MOTORHEAD - Ace Of Spades.
6. OZZY OSBOURNE - Crazy Train.
7. OZZY OSBOURNE - Suicide Solution.
8. IRON MAIDEN - The Number Of The Beast.
9. JUDAS PRIEST - The Hellion/Electric Eye.
10. QUIET RIOT - (Bang Your Head) Metal Health.
11. IRON MAIDEN - The Trooper.
12. DIO - Holy Diver.
13. TWISTED SISTER - You Can’t Stop Rock ‘n’ Roll.
14. SUICIDIAL TENDENCIES - Institutionalized.
15. ACCEPT - Balls To The Wall.
16. JUDAS PRIEST - Eat Me Alive.
18. METALLICA - Fade To Black.
19. IRON MAIDEN - Rime Of The Ancient Mariner.
20. EXODUS - Bonded By Blood.
21. MOTLEY CRUE - Home Sweet Home.
21. DIO - Rock ‘N’ Roll Children.
23. METALLICA - Master Of Puppets.
24. SLAYER - Angel Of Death.
25. MEGADETH - Peace Sells.
26. ANTHRAX - Efi lnikufesin (N.F.L.).
27. ANTHRAX -- Indians.
28. GUNS N’ ROSES - Welcome To The Jungle.
29. DOKKEN - Kiss Of Death.
30. MEGADETH - In My Darkest Hour.
31. LITA FORD - Close My Eyes Forever.
32. LIVING COLOUR - Cult Of Personality.
33. QUEENSRYCHE - Revolution Calling.
34. QUEENSRYCHE - Operation: Mindcrime.
35. NUCLEAR ASSAULT – Brainwashed.
36. JANE’S ADDICTION -Jane Says.
37. METALLICA ...And Justice For All.
38. HELLOWEEN - I Want Out.
39. OZZY OSBOURNE - Miracle Man.
40. GUNS N’ ROSES - One In A Million.
41. SKID ROW - 18 and Life.
42. W.A.S.P. - The Headless Children.
43. FAITH NO MORE – Epic.
44. KING’S X - Over My Head.
45. TESTAMENT - Practice What You Preach.
46. NINE INCH NAILS - Head Like A Hole.
47. PANTERA - Cemetery Gates.
48. ALICE IN CHAINS - Man In The Box.
49. MEGADETH - Holy Wars...The Punishment Due.
50. SLAYER - Dead Skin Mask.
"I'm impressed by the ambition in The 50 most influential heavy metal songs of the 80's and the true stories behind their lyrics...I am also impressed by the fact that they have got hold of all these musicians."— Torbjorn Hallgren, Groove Magazine
"…armed with a copy of Jackie Kajzer's Full Metal Jackie Certified - The 50 Most Influential Heavy Metal Songs of the 80's and The True Stories Behind Their Lyrics in your musical arsenal can only help promote your sonic survival…heavy metal's music and lyrics continue to provide the foundation for which the future house of Rock is being continually built on. Who better to shed light on this subject then the reigning queen of hard rock, Jackie Kajzer (known internationally as Full Metal Jackie)… Tracing the history of the decade's biggest and most influential songs, Jackie weaves a musical tapestry with a plethora of war stories by those who lived it. Ranging from the classics all the way up to modern "alternative metal", Full Metal Jackie Certified… covers them all. From AC/DC to W.A.S.P., Metallica to Motorhead and Megadeth, Rob Halford to Don Dokken and Pantera to Slayer, through the insight revealed to Jackie, you'll never hear your favorite heavy metal songs the same way again!"— Mike Vogel, KNAC.COM, February 22, 2010 and Examiner.com, February 10, 2010
"…one new book by Jackie Kajzer, "Full Metal Jackie," truly stands out of the pack. FULL METAL JACKIE CERTIFIED: THE 50 MOST INFLUENTIAL HEAVY METAL SONGS OF THE '80S AND THE TRUE STORIES BEHIND THEIR LYRICS brings us deeper behind the music than ever before. Jackie gives an in-depth tour of some of the genre's greatest songs talking to everyone from Pantera/Down and Superjoint Ritual mainman Phil Anselmo to King Diamond."— Rick Florino, ArtistDirect.com, January 26, 2010
"While the literary formula of tour bus recollections and wild stories were great years ago, the telltale difference in this book is in the thorough and detailed execution…First, they are forthright on the intention of this book. It's about the influence of the lyrics of these songs from the '80s heavy metal genre. It's not just another legacy list for the ages. With their mission clearly defined, they easily peel away the excess fat of hair metal and Sunset Strip rock found in the '80s and get to the meat of the debate--the messages and meanings behind our favorite metal songs. Secondly, the narratives go well beyond the redundant stories and anecdotes. They include thoughts from the heavy metal artists and songwriters about the cultural and social impact these songs had when spandex was cool. They complement that original info with newly acquired and fresh insight from those same artists on the continued validity and power these songs still hold today. And thirdly, the book dives deep into each song's musical composition…gather your musical buddies, grab some brews, spin some vinyl and hash out the details of this book full of metal classics. "— Chris Kies, Premier Guitar, March 2010
"…a really interesting read, with great stories from the songs' writers."— Chad Bowar, About.com, February 1, 2010
"An enjoyable read for every metal fan!"— Anniruddh "Andrew" Bansal, FullMetalRock.com, January 29, 2010
"This disc-jockey-turned-journalist has interviewed countless metal musicians over the years and her passion for '80s metal and her experience working alongside her metal heroes gave her keen insight into their songs…It was fascinating to hear the artists talk about the creative process for the music and the lyrics."— Doug Van Pelt, HM Magazine, March/April 2010
"If you love metal (and you know you do) then check out Full Metal Jackie Certified and let the debate of heaviness begin!"— David Carr, Chicks With Guns Blog, January 14, 2010
"Each entry in this book has the insight of the writer…through interviews, which gives the lyrics life and makes for a different story than your typical interview. Jackie did a great job enticing the meanings from her subjects whether it was Dee Snider, King Diamond, Kerry King, amongst others and if the meaning of metal lyrics fascinate you then Certified will take you over the edge."— Jeffrey Easton, MetalExiles.com, March 2010
"A fun and interesting read…As each page is turned, there is more anticipation and excitement on how these songs were made and, more importantly, why. It is quite amazing to explore why these bands were making music, and what drove them to go that extra mile…This book is a must read if you are not only a fan of heavy metal, but a fan of music in general, because it shows you the power that music can inspire (in positive and negative ways), as well as how you view music as a whole."— Nick Valente, ReviewFix.com, February 25, 2010