Geared entirely to Excel 2013, PRACTICAL MANAGEMENT SCIENCE, 5e helps students understand and take full advantage of the power of spreadsheet modeling. It integrates modeling into all functional areas of business--finance, marketing, operations management--using real examples and real data. Emphasizing applied, relevant learning, the text presents just the right amount of theory to ensure students understand the foundation of the topic, followed by exercises that give them practical, hands-on experience with the methodologies. It focuses on modeling over algebraic formulations and memorization of particular models. The Fifth Edition includes the latest changes in the accompanying @RISK and PrecisionTree add-ins, incorporates "BigPicture" diagrams of spreadsheet models into the optimization chapters, and provides new and updated cases throughout. The online Chapter 16: Multiobjective Decision Making is now more conceptual, while Chapter 9: Decision Making Under Uncertainty extends a single "new product decisions" example throughout the chapter. In addition almost 30 new tutorial videos explain concepts and work through examples.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Modeling.
2. Introduction to Spreadsheet Modeling.
3. Introduction to Optimization Modeling.
4. Linear Programming Models.
5. Network Models.
6. Optimization Models with Integer Variables.
7. Nonlinear Optimization Models.
8. Evolutionary Solver: An Alternative Optimization Procedure.
9. Decision Making Under Uncertainty.
10. Introduction to Simulation Modeling.
11. Simulation Models.
12. Inventory and Supply Chain Models.
13. Queueing Models.
14. Regression and Forecasting Models.
15. Project Management (Online only).
16. Multiobjective Decision Making (Online only).