On the Edge of Success, 1st Edition
- Marmy A. Clason Concordia University, Wisconsin
- John A. Beck Concordia University, Wisconsin
- ISBN-10: 0534569730 | ISBN-13: 9780534569730
- 176 Pages
- © 2003 | Published
- College Bookstore Wholesale Price = $97.50
ON THE EDGE OF SUCCESS presents a reorganization and expansion of student success fundamentals targeted specifically to students that are on academic probation or at-risk for failing. This book works to help these students modify both academic and personal attitudes and behaviors that have impeded their success in college. ON THE EDGE OF SUCCESS is written in a style that is less academic than some study skills guides but does not talk down to students. It gives students positive encouragement to feel better about whom they are and to stretch their academic abilities. ON THE EDGE OF SUCCESS presents practical ideas, exercises and many opportunities for practice and application of new skills in many aspects of students' lives.
1. See Yourself on the Edge of Success.
2. Discover Your Habits.
3. Begin to Change.
4. Manage Your Time Effectively.
5. Make the Most of Your Resources.
6. Learn About Your Learning Style.
7. Read to Remember.
8. Take Effective Notes.
9. Score on Your Exams.
10. Write to Make an Impression.
11. Enjoy a Healthy Lifestyle.
12. Value Successful Relationships.
13. Step Up to Greater Success.