If you want to learn how to program in Python, one of today’s most popular computer programming languages, PYTHON PROGRAMMING FOR TEENS is the perfect first step. Written by teacher, author, and Python expert Kenneth Lambert, this book will help you build a solid understanding of programming and prepare you to make the jump to other languages and more advanced instruction. In PYTHON PROGRAMMING FOR TEENS, you will learn problem solving, program development, the basics of using classes and objects, and more. Special topics include 2-D geometry, fractals, animations, and recursion. The book’s topics are illustrated using turtle graphics, a system that provides graphical output from programs and makes learning more fun. Get started programming today with PYTHON PROGRAMMING FOR TEENS.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Python.
2. Getting Started with Turtle Graphics.
3. Control Structures: Sequencing, Iteration, and Selection.
4. Composing, Saving, and Running Programs.
5. Defining Functions.
6. User Interaction with the Mouse and the Keyboard.
7. Recursive Functions.
8. Fractal Geometry.
9. 3-D Geometry.
10. Using Many Turtles: Classes and Objects.
Appendix: Turtle Commands.