A PRIMER FOR MANAGEMENT, 2E is a concise introduction to the roles and responsibilities of management. Its brief format provides maximum instruction flexibility. You decide how best to enrich your curriculum--either by blending in your own material or by selecting from among the many supplemental offerings from South-Western. Beginning with an understanding of the management environment, you'll progress through the critical functions of managing: planning, organizing, leading, and controlling. Appropriate for use in an introductory class, as well as in an MBA refresher course. South-Western is a part of Cengage Learning.
Table of Contents
Part One: MANAGING AND THE ENVIRONMENT.
1. Management and Managers.
2. History of Management.
3. The Management Environment, Social Responsibility, and Ethics.
4. The Global Management Environment.
Part Two: PLANNING.
5. Decision Making.
Part Three: ORGANIZING.
8. Organizational Structure and Design.
9. Job Analysis, Design, and Redesign.
10. Human Resource Management.
Part Four: LEADING.
11. Individual Behavior.
14. Interpersonal and Organizational Communications.
15. Groups, Processes, and Teams in Organizations.
Part Five: CONTROLLING.
16. Control Systems.
17. Managing Organizational Change and Development.